Are you thinking of using wallpaper in a bathroom?
With the continued popularity of wallpaper in homes, bathrooms are the most popular request we receive for wallpaper installations. How about you? Have you considered a wallpaper installation in your bathroom or powder room?
Can I wallpaper my bathroom without it peeling?
The short answer is yes! Wallpaper has come a long way in the past 10 years. Why?
- Wallpapers are constructed of more sturdier materials.
- The wall materials (drywall) is made much better than it used to be.
- Wall primers that are used to seal the walls create a surface that is exceptional to hang wallpaper on. These primers will make sure that moisture does not penetrate the drywall and keeps the wallpaper adhered to the primer, not the walls.
What does all of that mean to you? It means that the wallpaper, when properly installed, will not peel from your bathroom walls!
Installing wallpaper in a bathroom is economical!
Powder rooms and bathrooms are usually much smaller than other rooms of your house. This means less wall space. Less wall space means less wallpaper is needed to cover the walls.
How do you select wallpaper for your your bathroom?
- If you are in the Chicagoland area- go to JC licht. They have great designers who can help you pick the right wallpaper.
- Be mindful of the width of the wallpaper. The wider the paper, the less rolls you need.
- Don’t pick a wallpaper with a large repeat pattern. The larger the repeat the more waste you will have.
- You may be able to buy wallpaper by the yard, which could be more affordable.
So, what are you waiting for?
Do you have questions about wallpaper installations in your bathroom? Please let us know. We want to be able to help you and answer your questions. Most importantly, we want you to love the space you’re in! Still not sure or have questions about wallpaper installations?
Here are some recent blog posts about wallpaper
Give us a call, send us a text, or email us today! We will install your wallpaper, so you will enjoy that bathroom and make sure you have a great place to go! (Yes, that is a bad joke about using the bathroom.)